As a Senior Recovery Worker for S&E Housing, you will support people at home and in the community to live the life they choose. We have been established in Walthamstow and Chingford in East London for nearly 10 years and are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
You will promote independent living skills by assisting individuals to make decisions, enjoy their hobbies, get involved in the community as well as supporting with emotional and challenging behaviours. Successful applicants must be flexible and willing to rotate weekends and night duties. We are looking for committed and passionate people wanting to develop their career and progress into Team Leading and skilled Risk Assessors.
Full Time Senior Support Workers– Early, Late, Evening and Night Shifts over the 7 day period, aiming for one weekend on and one weekend off when staff are not on leave.
Shifts are: 7:15 am to 3:35 pm, 8:40 am to 5 pm, 10 am to 6:20 pm, 4:45 pm to 9:45 pm, 6:30 pm to 7:30 am. There are also long days 8 to 6 pm.
(Timings may vary according to the needs of the clients)
Permanent (40 hours per week) with key-working duties.
Salary, £16,640 – £17,160 per annuam
- Medication Administration
- Assisting clients with food shopping and cooking
- Finance management and budgeting with clients
- Escorting to appointments and liaising with health professionals
- Domestic hygiene and promoting a clean environment
- Organising and taking clients on outings in the community.
- Care Planning and Risk Assessments
- Monthly Reports
- Mentoring Junior colleagues
- Passion in devoting your time and skills in bringing emotional and practical support to vulnerable client groups: Mental Health and Learning Disability
- Desire to engage clients in social/therapeutic activities e.g. art and craft, cinema, gym,
- Must obtain an Enhanced DBS
- IT Literate
- Strong Team working and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, proactivity and work independently.
- Will suit both those with a broad life experience willing to sharewith others and Psychology under/postgraduates seeking to gain experience and share their knowledge.
- Minimum of Level 3 Diploma Health and Social Care
- Medication Training
- Team Leading Qualification will be adventitious.
Please note that we are only accepting FULL TIME applicants.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £16,640.00 to £17,160.00 /year