0800 327 7678

66 Leonard Road
South Chingford

33-35 Borwick Avenue

Frequently Asked Questions

What does the S and E in S & E Housing stand for

It stands for Supporting & Empowering which is our underlying ethos in what we do for all our clients and staff alike.

What is supported living / accommodation

Supported housing can be provided by councils, housing associations, or voluntary organisations and is often targeted at specific groups of vulnerable people who need a particular type of support such as people with mental health problems, people with learning disabilities and people recovering from addictions.

Access to supported housing is via referrals from GPs and other health professionals.

How does referral process work

Through GP, or Health professionals at Community Mental Health team who refer you to our scheme.

Do you provide personal care

No personal care is undertaken.

Are you a member of Care Quality Commission CQC

As we do not provide personal care we do not need to be a member of this organisation.

Do I pay rent

Yes, but in most cases client is entitled to Housing Benefits and Council Tax Benefits.

Do I pay Service Charge

Yes, this covers costs of utility bills, etc.

Is the home always staffed

We provide a 24/7 service 365 days a year.

Are you insured

We possess full Public and Employer’s liability Insurances PLI ELI

How long does the referral process take

Takes 4-6 weeks. You need to contact your Social Worker or CPN. The final decision made by Local Authority who provides the funding and care.

Do you provide meals

Support staff and assist you with shopping and help you put together recipes according to individual care plans.

How long can I stay for

There is no time limit. Your eligibility to move on will be assessed according to improvement in daily living skills.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support